Thursday, September 6, 2007

Wednesday, September 5th, 2007





It was such an exciting day today. So much has happened!


First, when Mommy, Daddy and Grandma and Papa Smith came to visit they found out I wasn't in my crib - some other baby was there. One of the nurses told them they had moved me to the Koala room. When they got there the nurses told them I wasn't taking pain medicine anymore and they had removed the ventilator too. That means I am even closer to going home!

They have also been feeding me Mommy's breast milk for the last few days to see how I do with feeding. Right now it is in a tube but they are going to have Mommy and Daddy start working with me to see if I can drink it from a bottle instead. Since they got me on the milk I am starting to put on some weight. I look huge compared to most of the babies around me because most of them were born too early. I really am a big girl!


Mommy and Daddy finally got to hold me today. I tried to be really good so they could hold me a long time. Now that I am in a regular bed without a bunch of lights I get kind of cold but they held me really tight in a blanket and I warmed up. I liked being held so much that I pretty much slept the whole time. Mommy and Daddy took a whole bunch of pictures since this was such an important day. The nurses say that starting tomorrow Mommy and Daddy have to start learning how to take care of my trach but today got to be all about just holding me which was fine by me.


Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. How awesome is that.... to hold your baby for the first time. You are making me baby hungry!! If it weren't for knowing what they are like at 2 years old :) And she was good and slept in your arms! I loved napping together with Imani and Nia when they were tiny and in my arms. Thanks again for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful you guys got to hold her. She is so cute! It must be so exciting that you will be able to take her home soon! I think both of you will do a great job learning how to take care of everything before you bring her home. It is so nice that you share such precious moments with us and I greatly appreciate it. I am so glad you have all the pictures. I hope that we get to see pictures of the nursery and everything when she gets home!

    ReplyDelete