Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Monday, September 17th, 2007

I am three weeks old today and weigh 6 lbs. 4 ozs! It was a busy day for me today. In prep for my G tube surgery they took me away to do two GI xrays on me. I guess the first pictures didn't turn out so well so they had to do it again.

My nurse tonight was Colleen. When Mommy and Daddy came in she told them I am such a sweetie. I just love being held and talked to. She said she spent time holding me today and so did the respiratory therapist. I guess a really sick baby came in today, so my feedings got off a little bit so they are an hour later now then they used to be. That's okay, I didn't mind waiting a little longer to eat while they helped some other baby get better.

Mommy had the doctor check on my cleft palate. I guess it is considered incomplete which means it doesn't go all the way through from the back to the front of the roof of my mouth. It still makes it difficult to eat though so at some point they will probably have to do surgery to fix it.

Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. When is the surgery? I happy to see Peyton is still gaining wieght.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet little Peyton! I love your thick, dark hair and your new little booties! Peyton, you are a little angel of love because so many people that haven't even met you yet adore you so! You are irresistable...and obviously a very determined, strong girl. I wish you much comfort as you face your surgery. You are much loved! thanks so much for sharing your photos...I look at your blog regularly! Thinking of you, Sunday

    ReplyDelete