Friday, September 7, 2007

Thursday, September 6th, 2007




Daddy had to go back to work today, and Grandma and Papa Smith went on to Yosemite for the rest of their trip. That meant that Daddy and Mommy came by pretty late for a visit tonight. I was sleeping at first, but not long after they arrived I made sure to wake up to spend time with them. The nurses told them I am .5 ozs away from being 6 lbs now. The nurses also let them know that I am up to 20 cc's at each feeding and they continue to increase it each day. Mommy got to change my diaper for the first time tonight. She just missed getting the messy one by a few hours. She said she didn't think she did a very good job but she'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to get better at it.


Since I was so active tonight, Mommy and Daddy got the chance to see my eyes up close. They are looking like they might end up being blue! Mommy and Daddy talked about this the whole pregnancy - they figured I would have brown eyes like Mommy. They tell me that a baby's eye color may not be known for a few months but check out these pics - they look blue to them!


Now that Daddy is back to work Mommy and Daddy are going to find out from the nurses when they can set up training to learn how to suction and clean my trach. The sooner the better, because then I can go home with them.


Peyton Nicole Smith


1 comment:

  1. Peyton you are so cute! Don't get too set on your eye color though, Nia's eyes were light for almost the entire first year and now they seem to be getting more brown. Either way they are beautiful. Oh, I also love how cute your little lips are!!

    ReplyDelete