Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tuesday, September 18th, 2007



Mommy stopped by this morning and held me for a long time before my feeding. Then, Mommy and Daddy came back before by 9 pm feeding. Daddy held me for a really long time. You can see me in his arms above. Daddy tried to see if I would take the preemie pacifier. I went to town on that bink! Mommy and Daddy are going to try to get a video taken to post to the blog so you can see how cute I am sucking on the pacifier.

The nurse weighed me tonight and I am up to 6 lbs 7 ozs! I have almost gained a whole pound in the last three weeks.

The pediatric surgeon stopped by and it sounds like I will be scheduled for my G tube surgery on Thursday afternoon. Mommy and Daddy got to ask him some questions. The surgery will take about an hour. Within about 24 hours they will try to start feeding me through the tube. Then the plan is to get me up to full feedings before they send me home. The resident thought another two weeks in the hospital so it looks like I might be home just in time for my Aunt Kristin to come for a visit.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Dear Traci,
    Kristin sends me your blog and I can assure you I read it all. You are a wonderful mommy and Peyton will be so appreciative of this blog when she is older. It seems so difficult now but in just a short time you will look back on this and wonder how you got through it.
    Peyton is an absolutely beautiful little baby. I personally think she has the cutest feet in the family!
    Even though I have only met you once at Kristin's wedding shower, Peyton and the rest of your family has been in my thoughts and prayers and will remain so.
    May God bless you all and thank you for the updates. Peyton is doing so well now and she is so incredibly lucky to have you and Travis for parents!
    Sincerely,
    Traci Salinas

    ReplyDelete