Monday, September 24, 2007

Saturday & Sunday, September 22nd & 23rd, 2007



Mommy and Daddy came by after the night shift change on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, I was up to my full feeding. Mommy held me while Daddy held the tube that went to my g tube that had my milk in it. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes into the feeding they realized that it had gotten backed up and I wasn't getting any food! Daddy worked out the kink and in a flash I got most of my feeding all at once. You should have seen my eyes pop open when I suddenly got that much food in my tummy! Then, as quickly as I opened my eyes I closed them again and was zonked out for the rest of the night.

On Sunday, my PIC line in my arm had been removed so for the first time since I was admitted I had the use of my right hand. Although my thumb looks like a regular thumb it doesn't really work like one. The doctors at UC Davis say they are going to have Dr James from Shriner's come take a look at me to see what they can do to fix my right hand thumb and my fused fingers on my left hand. Daddy and Mommy changed my trach again tonight. Mommy went to put it in after Daddy pulled out the old one, at the same time I started coughing. So, instead of it going in, the air pushed it back out. That scared her for a minute but she took a big breath and tried again and it went right it. I got kind of agitated after my trach being changed but since my PIC line had been removed they weren't able to give me any morphine and gave me some Tylenol through my G tube instead. Mommy kept telling me if I would just tell her what was wrong she would try to fix it for me but I was really upset and wasn't in any mood to have a conversation. To try to calm me down, Mommy picked me up in the crib and held me close to my fishies and rocked me a for a while until I fell asleep. A few times she set me down thinking I was asleep but I would get upset again so the process started all over. It took a few times but I did finally get to sleep.

You can see above a picture of my furry brothers Henry and Chili enjoying the rest of Daddy's Carl's Jr. shake. Aren't they cute!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - I remember that feeling of trying so hard to put one of the girls into their crib without waking them. Any creak in the crib... any adjustment to the blanket....even the crunch of the carpet under my feet made me panic. Oh ya and I would hold my breath the entire time! Sound familiar?

    ReplyDelete