Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Monday, September 10th, 2007



Now that Mommy is off her pain meds and cleared to drive, she is going to start coming to see me in the mornings. We have work to do now each time she comes. She started with changing my diaper and outfit. Then, she suctioned my trach like she had been taught. Then, while I had my 8 am feeding she did some oral stimulation with me. I would suck for a few seconds on the preemie pacifier but kept falling asleep. Mommy kept at it though so I would start to get used to the feel of something in my mouth and develop those muscles.
Mommy and Daddy then came back in the evening after Daddy got off work. They got to give me a sponge bath with my nurse Kelly supervising. I was so good for them - I didn't even cry although I don't usually like having my clothes off. I was wide awake and looking around during my bath. Kelly told my parents they are doing really well with all of my care. Then, during my 8 pm feeding Daddy did some oral stimulation with me with the pacifier. Just like in the morning I would suck for a little while but kept falling asleep. They are going to have to find a way to keep me awake!
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. These are great pictures. I remember trying to keep Imani up while I nursed her; I'd play with her feet, undress her, even stop and change her diaper. You'll get it! Even if you have to be tickled a little too.

    ReplyDelete