Thursday, September 6, 2007

Monday, September 3rd, 2007

I had a good weekend. The doctors told Mommy and Daddy that I am doing well with my trach and they should be able to hold me really soon! They are slowly taking me off the pain medicine and I am not so sleepy all the time - I get to move around! My parents got to see my cry today. Mommy said it was the saddest thing in the world to see my face all scrunched up and little tears coming out of my eyes - but no sound because of the trach. Even if they can't hear me cry, I make sure to get really good and mad so they know when I am not happy!

I got moved to a different bed today - it is like a regular crib. That's because I am such a big girl! They also put clothes on me for the first time so I am not lying around in just my diaper. Because of my trach the easiest clothes for me to wear are the ones that button up the front so it doesn't have to go over my head. They had me in a yellow outfit with purple socks. They don't really match but that's okay.

Grandma and Papa Smith drove from Salt Lake City to see me. They are going to stay a few days with my parents. They brought some pictures of Daddy when he was a baby so we can decide once and for all whose nose I have!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment