Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tuesday, September 11th, 2007


It is so fun to see Mommy twice a day. She comes in the morning to work with me on sucking a pacifier while I have my feeding. Then, she comes back with Daddy at night.

This afternoon was a big day for Mommy and Daddy. They practiced changing a trach on a doll with my nurse Jim. Then, the big moment arrived and they had to change my trach for the first time all by themselves. They survived and so did I! Jim says that changing a trach is a two person job - so Mommy and Daddy have to coordinate who does what. Daddy was in charge of taking the old trach out and Mommy had to put the new trach in. Jim said they did a really good job. They are going to change my trach again on Thursday for additional practice even though it is something that they will only do at home about once a week.

The picture above is of me with my new trach.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. I just can't stand how cute your hair is! I used to love to feel my girls' hair on my check as I held them close. I bet your mommy and daddy love that too!

    ReplyDelete