Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tuesday, September 4th, 2007

Mommy, Daddy and Grandma and Papa Smith came for another visit today. The doctors and nurses wanted to talk to them for a while about what is going to happen over the next few months. They showed Mommy and Daddy how my jaw surgery is going to work. It is kind of scary because there will be a screws and stuff on the outside of my face for a few months but it will help me so I can breathe and eat better. Then they will have to fix my ears and the top of my mouth. They think all of that will happen when I am bigger in 5 or 6 months. I can go home as soon as I don't have to take any more pain medication and I am off the ventilator. I am going to try really hard to do that because I want to get out of here. The nurses and doctors are really nice but I miss my Mom and Dad. I haven't even got to meet my two furry brothers yet!

Mommy and Daddy have to do some things too before they will let them take me home. They have to learn how to clean and change my trach tube. They are going to let them practice with me over the next few weeks until they can do it on their own. I know Mommy is really scared but all the nurses say she will get really good at it really fast and not to worry.

They were going to let Mommy and Daddy hold me today but Mommy had a doctor's appointment she had to go to so they said they will make sure and hold me tomorrow. Mommy felt really bad that she had to leave but she is hoping the doctor will give her some medicine to make her feel better. It will be a big day for us tomorrow!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment