Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009


I don't know much about politics but it was pretty clear today was a big day for the country. I tried to be helpful and go down for my nap just in time so Lucille could focus on watching the inaguration of President Obama.
In the afternoon, Karen and Terry came by for a joint visit with me. They brought some new toys for me to try out. Terry had laminated some pictures of my favorite things and put magnets on the back so now I can start to let my parents and nurses know what I want by pulling them off the board. Most of the pictures I have a sign for me but it's another way I can communicate with people about what I want - espesically good for when people don't know sign language like I do.
Tonight is the last night that I get a feeding. It is moving very slowly - only 4 cc's over an hour and then tomorrow night - nothing, nada, zilch. Wish us luck that I still tolerate my day feedings and most importantly - I continue sleeping at night even though my tummy isn't full!
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea about your "favorite things" magnets! How did Terry know what your favorite things are?

    This would be a great idea for Jackson pre-talking, so I know what he wants or needs!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete