Friday, January 16, 2009

Thursday, January 15th, 2009


Thankfully, after all the excitement last night, today was a quiet day. You can see how great my new thumb is working in the pictures above. I am holding a coin shaped cardboard circle that I put in one of my books - and it slides down. It shows how well my thumb now works for holding something small, but you can also see that I have no problems putting the coin in the slot in the book - a very difficult task for any kid my age! Dr Michelle James did an amazing job and my parents are reminded each day that I would not have the ability to do many of the things I do in the course of the day were it not for her skill. My parents are so glad they didn't hesitate to have my old thumb removed so that I could have a new one created that actually works like it is supposed to.
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Peyton,
    Your just to clever in how quickly
    you pick up new skills. What a bright and pretty little girl you are. Your parents are going to have to keep one step ahead of you
    at all times!
    Love,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete