Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saturday, January 17th, 2009

Mommy thought we had plenty of excitement today - after all we went for our first walk of the new year - Mommy, Daddy, me and the boys. I am also on the road to getting off of my night feeds. Today I went from four day feeds to five day feeds - a big jump for me. About a 1/2 hour after my last day feed I was starting to get close to bedtime. To keep me entertained just a little longer so I was closer to that 7 pm bathtime - my parents let me play with my hair stuff. A girl with as much hair as I have needs a lot of hair stuff. My parents keep it in a plastic container with three drawers. The bottom drawer is my combs and brushes. The middle drawer is all of my barettes and clippies and the top drawer is all my elastics or scrunchies. Since everything is so colorful, I like to take down the container several times a day, throw everything around and then let Mommy sort everything back into the appropriate drawers (in her true OCD fashion). Daddy sometimes likes to give me the hair stuff to play with just to drive Mommy nuts - or at least that's what she thinks.

So my parents are watching tv, I am on the floor quietly playing with my hair stuff and that should have been the first clue that something bad was about to happen. Suddenly, I turned to look at Mommy and started vomiting all over myself. Then there was a lot of scary coughing and gagging. Mommy had a really bad feeling that I had tried to eat one of my smaller hair elastics but Daddy wasn't so sure. He thought maybe it was the extra feeding just a little while before the triggered the vomiting. Mommy tried to do a quick mouth sweep with her pinkie in my mouth to be sure, but because my jaw is so small and my top jaw is already outgrowing my jaw distraction, she couldn't really get it in very far to check. I wasn't turning blue or anything but I was certainly breathing a little different then normal so my parents did an emergency trach change. That seemed to help a little and within moments I was back signing that I wanted water and ready to play with the hair stuff again. Crisis averted - right? My parents weren't so sure what had happened, but Mommy said if she was right, the proof would be in the pudding. I'm not sure about pudding but there apparently would be proof at some point.

So off to bed I went with a very nervous Mommy and a Daddy trying to reassure her that everything was fine. Thank goodness my sats were normal and I went to sleep without a problem.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment