Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wednesday, October 3rd, 2007





Aren't I a pretty girl when I am sleeping! Mommy snapped a few pictures this morning before we started our first time working with the Haberman nipple. It is a little bigger then I am used to so I fought Mommy for awhile. Eventually, I figured out if I wanted to get some milk I had to play along so I got with the program. Since Mommy and I have to work together it will take us some time to figure out the best way to use it. I got about 5 cc's down this morning. Monique, my day nurse, said she will use the Haberman at my noon and 3 pm feedings too. When Jeanette stopped by to teach Mommy about the Haberman nipple she told the nurses to stop putting that mask stuff of my face. She said she thinks it is restricting the growth and my ability to move. So hopefully from here on out you won't see what Daddy calls my "Silence of the Lambs" look anymore. The medical student last night told my parents that I had pictures taken of my hip and hand yesterday. They said the hip pictures came back just fine. The hand pictures are to use when I go to Shriner's to see about getting surgery on my fused finger and thumb. I am also scheduled to have a picture taken of my kidneys on Thursday. One kidney is bigger then the other and they want to figure out why.


When Daddy and Mommy came back together at night Daddy tried feeding me with the Haberman nipple but I wasn't in a good mood so they decided to wait and try it with me another time. I was in a pretty grouchy mood in general. Every time Mommy would change me dirty diaper I would produce another one for her a few minutes later. After four diaper changes in 1/2 hour Mommy started to think I probably had a tummy ache. Mommy was sad that when she left I was still not very happy but she hopes tomorrow I will be feeling better.



Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness the diaper changing slows down a little as they get bigger. I remember changing diaper after diaper too!

    Glad you got a new camera so we can watch Peyton grow. She has already changed so much from her very first pictures. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peyton is looking great and I can't wait to see her when I come to Sacramento November 1st. Surprise. Love you

    ReplyDelete