Friday, October 19, 2007

Thursday, October 18th, 2007

It was a busy day today. I had a dr's appt at UC Davis at 9 am. Lucille started my feeding early so I wouldn't miss out on one - I am a growing girl after all. I did really well on the car ride and slept the whole way. Mommy was very grateful for the disability placard - she was able to get front row parking. Once Mommy got past the insurance issue (having two out of state insurances seems more complicated then it is worth most of the time) we got in a room. Mommy took me to be weighed in and guess what? I am up to 7 lbs 11 ozs! Last Friday I was at 7 lbs 4 ozs so I put on quite a bit of weight in just under a week! Mommy was so happy because that is one of the big things they are watching for after discharge.

The ENT doc thought all looked fine with my trach. Jeanette, my craniofacial nurse stopped by as well. We talked with her for a while and got some questions answered. Mommy needs to work mostly with the pediatrician now to decide on when to increase the amount of feedings and to decrease the time I am getting my feeding. She will follow up at my appt next Friday.

They asked us to wait around because Dr Sykes, my surgeon, was in surgery at the moment but wanted to come see me. He came by and talked a few minutes about plans to do another CT scan in a few months to make a better decision about timeline for the jaw distraction surgery.

In all, it took 3 1/2 hours to go to the appt and get back home. By the time we got in the car for the ride back I was not a happy girl. I cried for almost the entire ride until I wore myself out and fell asleep.

When Lucille left at 3:00, I stayed awake for almost 4 hrs. No wonder my night nurse, Mimi said I slept well for her! It was a lot of excitement in one day.

Peyton Nicole Smith


  1. Peyton - glad to hear how great you are doing. Keep it up. Oh but don't cry so much in the car, thats hard on mommy. I remember pulling the car over and taking out a crying baby many times; just to have her start crying again the minute I put her back in her seat.
    Have a fun weekend!

  2. Hello little Miss Peyton,
    It's been awhile since I checked in on your blog and photos because I've been in the process of moving from SLC to Los Angeles (I miss your Auntie Kristin a lot)...I'm here now, in the same state as you! You are looking more glowing and healthy with each passing day! I'm excited about your modeling photo for the Nagers site; I checked out their web site some time ago because I was curious about Nagers and about what you and your parents were experiencing. I learned a lot from the site; I'm glad your Mom contacted the Foundation! I hope they will be helpful. Anyway, you look great and I'm so glad you get to be home with Mommy and Daddy. Love your blog, cute girl. Will check in again soon. Big hugs, Sunday