Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tuesday, October 30th, 2007


I had my pediatrician's appointment today. With all of my clothes off I weighed in at 8 lbs 2 ozs. I guess I am in the 3rd percentile on my weight but my doctor is not worried - she said I was in the 3rd pecentile last visit so that is a good sign that I am gaining weight steadily. The doctor said I am doing well and she wants me back in a month just to make sure I am still on track for my weight gain. After she walked out, a nurse walked in and gave me three shots - two in my left thigh and one in my right. You can see my band-aid in the picture above. That hurt! I cried for a minute or two but calmed down pretty quickly. Mommy gave me liquid Tylenol a few times throughout the day and evening since my legs were so sore - I just couldn't kick like I normally do without it hurting.

Mommy had some problems with the feeding pump for my 5 pm feeding and it gave me my entire feeding in 30 minutes instead of an hour. Mommy only realized it when the feeding ended at 5:30 instead of 6:00. She was on the phone with Daddy at the time and got all worried that I might explode! Daddy said the worst that would happen is I might spit some of it up but no worries - I slept through the entire feeding and the next several hours.

All the excitement must have worn me out because I slept for my parents the entire evening. They had to wake me up to do my bath and trach tie change. Normally I am really happy most of the time but they didn't get many smiles out of me today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Peyton Nicole Smith