Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday, May 24th, 2009





I had a great night's sleep last night so when I woke up this morning I was ready to play. So ready that I threw a fit when Mommy tried to get me dressed and do my hair! When Daddy woke up this morning and came out to the kitchen, I was busy signing "Grandpa" and wondering where he was. When I heard someone down the hall, I took off running to go find him. I was very happy when Papa finally came out for breakfast and I got to spend time with him. He likes to build blocks with me and is willing to sit through Singing Times over and over.
After a morning nap, the whole family headed to the park. The dogs were just as excited to get out in the sunshine as I was. They were interested in the squirrel and I wanted to go see the ducks. My parents and grandparents had to eat in shifts though as someone had to run after me and someone had to keep ahold of the ducks. I was having a wonderful time feeding the ducks and helping Daddy walk the dogs and then it all came to a screeching halt when I tripped and fell - and bit through my bottom lip. There was lots of blood but very little crying and my parents decided it was probably best to head back home.
In the evening, we went to Marie Callendar's for dinner. I was happy in the high chair for the first few minutes because there was a little boy about my size in a high chair at the table next to us. When he got up to run around, though, I wanted out of my chair so I could go find him. So Papa and Mommy took turns running after me. Papa promised me a ballon so I picked out a purple one to take home and it did a great job of keeping me entertained in the car. After a few minutes running around the house at full speed it was time to go to bed and I didn't fight it I was pretty exhausted.
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment