Sunday, May 24, 2009

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009






You'd think my big ole cast would slow be down but you would be wrong! From the moment I woke up this morning I was on the go, doing all the things I did before the cast - just had to modify it a little sometimes. I played with playdoh, climbed my stairs and rode my train. When Grandma got up this morning I was happy to see her. Although I never made it on to her lap today, I spent plenty of time showing off to her. In the afternoon, Sherry came by from the nursing agency to fill out some paperwork. She was happy to hear that my temperature had broken during the night and I wasn't showing any other signs of being sick. Since I just had the one little poopy diaper yesterday she suggested a suppository to make sure I didn't get backed up. So before we headed out to run errands, Mommy took care of that and just hoped it would wait until we were home. We ran to Home Depot to get some propane and then on to Kohl's. Most of my clothes don't fit over my cast, so Grandma was super excited to get to go clothes shopping for me. She said it has been a long time since she got to really shop for baby girl clothes and she couldn't wait! I ended up with some new shirts that will be big enough that I can wear them even after the cast is off. By the time we made it home the suppository had taken effect and man was it messy - my parents had to change my outfit. They were very thankful that I waited until we were home. I only took one short nap so I went to bed early tonight after a quick trach change without much fuss.

Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. Hi honey,
    You sure are looking good, and we're tickled you came thru your surgery so well.Have a great Memorial holiday weekend and get spoiled rotten by Granpa and Granma Smith!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you got some more new clothes today! You've been a spoiled girl lately, but I must say, you've earned it!

    Glad that you were able to get back on track without having any tummy or poop issues this time around, that's the last thing mommy needs to worry about!

    Sounds like you've had a lot of fun running errands with Papa and Grandma! Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day tomorrow and get to spend some time enjoying the beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete