Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wednesday, December 24th, 2008

Memories!

Aunt Kristin & Uncle Shawn
Jackson and I play together

Trying out Jackson's walker

Ava

Cousin Gavin

Uncle Shawn & Jackson

Uncle Shawn & Malia

The Tennessee Smith's (Uncle Lonnie's parents)

I am so over this Christmas thing!

Aunt Kristin, Jackson and Uncle Lonnie Mommy and I woke up extra early this morning so Aunt Kristin could come pick us up. Mommy has been promising me I could meet Santa and today was the day! Uncle Lonnie and his parents brought Jackson and met us at Fashion Place Mall. We were there a few minutes to 8 so we could be first in line. Santa was right on time and I was very excited to see him but his elves were not so prompt. Santa came up to Mommy, Aunt Kristin and I and let us know that he would call to see what was keeping the elves. I was so happy to see him and signed "Santa Claus". Mommy and Aunt Kristin even taught him the sign so he would know what I was saying. 45 minutes later (yes, 45 minutes later) the elves had arrived and finally gotten everything set up and it was time for Jackson and I to sit on his lap. Now I was very happy to see Santa from afar and even up close as long as Mommy was holding me. In fact, when I couldn't see him I would even start to whine a little. So needless to say, Mommy was a little unprepared when I started sobbing as soon as she put me on his lap. In fact, I started to sign "sad" just to show how unhappy I was. Jackson was blissfully unaware of how scary an experience this really was - just wait until next year buddy!
After the excitement of Santa it was back to Grandma and Papa Smith's for a nap. Unfortunately, over the last few days the soy formula had kicked in and I was really constipated. Mommy had given me several doses of Miralax to help me feel better but it hadn't been helping. So it was time for the big guns - suppositories. That seemed to help a little and Mommy and Daddy felt pretty comfortable taking me out for a late lunch with them at Johanna's Kitchen. It is one of their favorite places and they were looking forward to the scones. Since they were going to close at 4 and it was about 2:30 it wasn't very busy. However, there was a long table full of a family sitting next to us. I was happy sitting in my high chair and looking around and about half way through lunch, suddenly Daddy looked at Mommy and said, "Oh no, the Miralax kicked in." Mommy rolled her eyes, "Whatever, quit kidding around." Daddy shook his head and said, "I'm not kidding." Sure enough, while they were eating I was pooping - all over myself and the high chair! Mommy and Daddy were laughing really hard and I was feeling so much better that I started laughing too. Mommy pulled out some wipes and got as much cleaned up as she could but this was going to require more than just a diaper change. While Daddy got the check, Mommy carefully took me into the restroom and changed my diaper and my clothes (thank goodness for a spare outfit she always carries in the diaper bag & those koala changing tables in restrooms these days). Once I was cleaned up and Daddy had paid Mommy broke the news to the waitress that there was a high chair that needed some deep cleaning. The look on her face was priceless! First lesson learned....don't underestimate the power of Miralax. Second lesson learned.... eat your scone first!
It was back to the house for a bath and a good nap. Then it was time for Christmas Eve dinner at Aunt Kristin and Uncle Lonnie's. There were so many people there and so many presents to open. It was a lot of fun and I got to spend time playing with my cousins. I even showed everyone how fast I am getting going up the stairs. We couldn't stay too late though because my parents said I had to get my bath and get to bed since Santa is coming tonight!
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment