Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Monday, December 22nd, 2008






Shortly after going down for bed last night, my parents noticed that my trach mist machine wasn't working quite right. It was blowing air like it should and the heater was heating the water but the hot moist air never quite made it through the tubing up to my trach. After fussing with it all night, my parents realized the nebulizer jar that gets replaced once a week had stopped working. Luckily, Daddy had brought my nebulizer jar from last week when he had packed up the machine in the car. He had to go fish it out of the garbage and clean it up but it worked like a charm when my parents tested it this morning so we should be all set for tonight. Despite all the excitement, I had a good night's sleep and then I got up and played with Mommy and Grandma Smith this morning while Daddy was getting ready. Mid-afternoon my parents and I got bundled up against the snow and went to Cafe Rio for lunch. It is one of Mommy's favorite places and they don't have it in California. With the snow still coming down pretty good, we hopped on the freeway and headed down to Alpine to go to Cabela's. While Daddy shopped, Mommy and I took a tour of the dead animal exhibit. OK there is probably a better name for it but I am not sure what else to call it. They have lots of dead animals stuffed that you can get really close to. There were goats, bears, dear, antelope, moose and even two horses! It was pretty amazing and I got to practice lots of my signs since most of these animals I had never seen before except on TV.
After a late afternoon nap, my parents and I headed to Karen's for dinner. Karen had a Hallmark singing holiday centerpiece under the tree that she let me put on the highchair to keep me entertained while Karen, Kari and my parents ate dinner. Unfortunately, the batteries were on their way out and I didn't get a lot of time with it. But while I did I was fascinated. I espescially liked the doggie's ears that moved!
When we got home it was pretty late but because my parents forgot my trach change last night, they went ahead and changed it. I was definately ready for bed by then!

Peyton Nicole Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment