Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008






This morning was not so much fun for me. Although the soy solved the problem of wet stinky diapers it has created a whole new problem - constipation. Every 1/2 hour or so I would start crying and then have a tiny little stinky diaper. This went on for hours this morning - Mommy probably changed my diaper 10+ times without much relief for me. I got a dose of Miralax yesterday and one again today and my parents are keeping an eye on me for now.
Mid-morning, Daddy brought me and Mommy to Aunt Kristin's. Then, Lonnie drove me, Mommy and Aunt Kristin to my Mommy's work since it was snowing so badly. I got to see Wade and all the people in Mommy's office. Despite my tummy ache I was happy to show off my signs to everyone I met. Peter, one of Mommy's employees, had a cochlear implant and so he know sign language really well. He was signing with me much faster then I could keep up but I recognized some signs! Before long it was time for me to get a nap so we all headed back to Aunt Kristin's. I fell asleep in the car seat so Mommy decided just to leave me in it to finish out my nap.
Meanwhile, Mommy got to play with Jackson who was not in the mood to sleep. Aunt Kristin thinks his ear infection may have started brewing up again now that he is off the antibiotics. Mommy had him try out the feeding bag she brought him. First it was ice cubes which he seemed to like pretty well but then she moved on to sliced up apples which seemed to be a real hit! Later, Daddy came by to pick us up. While Aunt Kristin ran an errand, my parents took care of me and Jackson. (Maybe a little hint of what two kids would be like!) Daddy is a pro though, he gave Jackson a bottle and then carried him around until the fell asleep. He really has the touch! When Aunt Kristin came by she was happy to see Jackson finally asleep for good this time.
My parents and I headed back to Daddy's parents house and I had a little time to play before it was bedtime. My parents put me to bed a little early tonight because I have a date with Santa first thing to tell him what I want for Christmas. It is my last chance after all!

Peyton Nicole Smith




2 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS PEYTON,
    AFTER ALL THE HOOPLA AND BUILDUP
    IT'S FINALLY HERE! AS YOU GET OLDER
    AND UNDERSTAND THE ANTICIPATION, MIXED WITH JOY AND WARM MEMORIES OF CHRISTMAS'S PAST, YOU'LL BE MORE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT THIS CHRISTMAS WITH YOUR FAMILY HERE MEANS TO SO MANY! THE
    ONLY GIFTS WE GIVE THAT LAST, COME FROM OUR HEARTS AND WE DON'T NEED
    TO WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS TO GIVE THEM!
    YOU ARE ALREADY DOING THAT!
    A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PEYTON,
    GRANPA AND GRANMA MOWER(2008)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sweet girl, and happy that you arrived home safe and sound last night after an eventful week. I'm still waiting for mommy to post the Santa pics to the blog!

    I can't wait for you and Jackson to visit Santa again next year, and maybe you'll be a bit happier when you get to tell him what you want for Christmas.

    You are amazing with your sign language, keep it up! Hopefully Jackson can absorb some of your and Traiton's intelligence, you two blow me away, and continue to amaze me with everything you both to. Jackson can only hope to be as smart as his cousins!

    Love you!

    Aunt Kristin

    ReplyDelete