Sunday, December 28, 2008

Friday, December 26th, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Mower
Jackson
Showing off my yoga moves!
Snow baby!
I finally got to put my new snow outfit to use! With all the snow yesterday and us hitting the road tomorrow it was my final opportunity to try it out. Mommy sat me in the snow and I was pretty unimpressed. Daddy thought about lying me down to make a snow angel but the snow was pretty deep and he figured I would probably sink!
After Daddy finished snow blowing and wiping off all the cars, he and Mommy went to Target to get a few supplies for the trip. I was sleeping so they left me with Grandma Smith. Now this may not sound like a big deal - but it is the first time in my life I have been alone with someone other than a nurse of my parents. Daddy showed Grandma how to use the suction machine just in case. My parents weren't gone too long and I never even woke up.
In the afternoon, my parents met Mommy's friend, Julz, her boyfriend Joe, her son Tyler and his girlfriend at Training Table for a late lunch. Julz and Joe had driven up from St George to meet me for the very first time. Mommy has known Julz for 13+ years - ever since they worked together at First Health. They didn't have a lot of time to talk but I know Mommy was happy that Julz got a chance to see me.
My parents and I had a final dinner at Grandma and Papa Smith's before there was one last stop at Grandma and Grandpa Mower's. I got to play with Traiton and Jackson. I even got to see Santa one last time - well a life size version of Santa that Grandma had. It would sing and dance and I thought it was great - as long as I kept my distance.
After lots of goodbyes it was back to the house and to bed. My parents spent some time getting the car packed up as I got to sleep. Mommy noticed that I was coughing quite a bit and as the night wore on it only got worse. Finally, my parents got me up and gave me a breathing treatment as this had all the signs of an upper respiratory infection like what got me hospitalized last month. My parents are praying they have caught it in time because we are hitting the road early in the morning.
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment