Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday, December 1st, 2008





I am a girl on the go! Today was my follow up appointment with my GI, Dr Davies. She had moved to a new location and there was a lot of dense fog so Mommy made sure to leave plenty early. It wasn't too hard to find, though, so we had 1/2 hour to kill in the waiting room. Mommy couldn't keep me down - I was all over that office scooting and cruising! Although I was long past my nap time, I was happy and flirting with all the people in the office. Since Dr Davies is a pediatric gastroenterologist and the other doctor in the office is a cardiologist - it was the complete spectrum of ages - babies like me and the elderly - quite the mix!

When we got back to the room I got weighed and came in at 17 lbs. 8 ozs. It wasn't a big jump in weight but not too bad. Mommy shared some of her concerns from the visit 6 weeks ago. My diapers have been really wet and I sometimes need several outfit changes a day - yucky! I have also had several emergency button changes in the last few months. First, Dr Davies addressed the diapers - she is also wondering if maybe my new formula isn't quite right for me. She is going to have me try Peptamen Junior that is a partially broken down formula that may make it easier for my tummy to digest it. Secondly, Dr Davies talked with Mommy about all the buttons popping. She said almost every one of her Mic-KEY patients who have come in to the office in the last few months complain about their buttons popping. She is pretty sure that there must be a bad batch of Mic-KEY buttons floating around and it is nothing my parents are doing wrong that is causing them to pop. There is another brand of buttons (Mini - get it Mic-KEY and Mini - I wonder if that was on purpose?) that is almost exactly like the Mic-KEY so Dr Davies asked Mommy if she wanted her to change my button to the new brand since we have been having so many problems. Mommy was happy to give it a try and I am now sporting a new button. Along with the new button comes a new extension set (what connects my feeding bag to my button) and since both the button and the extension set are made of silicone and not plastic they are much stiffer. This is a great thing for my parents, because now the medicine port that keeps coming open during my feedings is much more difficult to pull open. It is also harder to pull the extension set out from the button itself. After numerous outfit changes and lost feedings due to the medicine port coming open and the extension pulling out - my parents are thinking this is an upgrade they should have made a long time ago!
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Peyton,
    Tell mommy I'll be calling her later today and we'll catch up on all the latest.You look so cute standing up and ready to go.Your definately a force to be reckoned with!
    Love,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete