Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday, August 5th, 2008

For all of you out there that think I am happy most of the time, here is proof that I get grumpy just like any other baby! It all started with a 2 hour appointment with the nursing agency smack dab in the middle of my nap time. I was happy to play initially, but as I got more tired Lucille tried to put me down for a nap. I wasn't happy though, so she rocked me instead. After being asleep in her arms for about 30 minutes it was time for the next appointment. This time Terry and Wendy came to go over my IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) since it has already been six months since they first came out. Here is more information on what an IFSP is:

Your Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) will be your roadmap through the system. It will show you where you are starting from and where you plan to go. You and your service coordinator will check it every so often to make sure that you and your child are still on course. You have valuable information and insight about your child's strengths, needs, likes and dislikes. That, along with information from the assessment and medical information from your child's doctor, will define the starting point. Where you want to go and how you want to get there will depend on your family's priorities, concerns, lifestyles, and routines. Be prepared to write down some "outcomes". Outcomes are the changes you want to work toward for your child and family and can relate to any area of your child's development and daily or weekly routines (such as eating, dressing, making friends) or your family's life (such as training a baby-sitter or making time for play activities). The services of the IFSP will describe who will be providing any of these services, where, how often, and for how long. The IFSP will be reviewed every six months (or sooner, if you request it) to evaluate your child's progress and continued need for services.

It was fun for Mommy to see how far I have come and how many goals I have already met. I was being so good during this visit as well but was not willing to take another nap so by 6:30 I was so tired and didn't care who knew it! Rather then try to keep me awake for a normal bedtime, my parents got me ready for bed early tonight and I was asleep within about 15 minutes.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment