Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday, August 14th, 2008



In the afternoons after Lucille goes home and before Daddy gets back from work - it is just me, Mommy and the boys. For a few hours we all play together, I usually get an early dinner of some new baby food Mommy wants me to try and then it is time for Mommy to make dinner for her and Daddy (okay sometimes my brothers get some too). Now that I am on the move, it has definately made it a little more challenging for her to spend a lot of time cooking. To help keep an eye on me, she brings me into the kitchen and hands me a feeding bag full of frozen melon and I usually keep myself entertained long enough for her to get something started. Because my brothers know that sometimes small bits of food will drop as Mommy is preparing it, they like to hang out in the kitchen as well. So here we all are in front of the stove right under Mommy's feet. A scene played out in kitchens around the world at this time of the day I'm sure.

Right before bedtime tonight, Daddy and Mommy were playing peek-a-boo with me. Normally, they hold something in front of me and move it - but tonight Mommy put a blanket in my hands and showed me how I could move the blanket up and down to play peek-a-boo. After showing me a few times, I got the hang of it and I was an active participant in the peek-a-boo game. Such a smartie pants, I know!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment