Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tuesday, August 26th, 2008








The surgery fun begins! Today Mommy went to pick up Jackson and Aunt Kristin from the airport. Then it was on to Raley's to pick up my cupcake cake to hopefully share with the kids at the hospital. While they were gone, I was napping with Lucille. Grandma and Grandpa Mower were driving up just as Mommy, Kristin and Jackson arrived. When they all walked in together I was a little overwhelmed. Since I was waking up from a nap, I wasn't very enthusiastic initially about the visitors. Eventually I warmed up and about that time, we had to leave for the hospital.
Grandma and Grandpa Mower stayed with Jackson while Mommy, Lucille and I got in the car for the short trip to Shriner's. Once we arrived, Lucille said goodbye to go home and Kristin and Mommy and I were on our own. We grabbed some food from the cafeteria to settle in for the long admission process. Because there have been so many more burn and spinal cord cases this year, they opened up a wing of the hospital that is usually closed to house us in until a bed opened up in the step-down unit. From check in at 1 pm it took almost 7 hours to finally get into my room for the night. Mommy and Kristin kept me entertained until Daddy got off of work. Then Mommy brought Kristin back to the house, she grabbed a bite to eat and then came back to the hospital. Before Daddy left he helped Mommy give me a bath (which I hated!!!) and then I was in my too big hospital gown and in bed. Daddy gave me kisses and said he would see me in the morning and he went home.
My room tonight is shared with another mommy and her little girl that just had back surgery. It took me two hours for me to wind down for sleeping. I just rolled around the bed smiling and laughing as the mommies chatted. Eventually, all my machines got hooked up and I fell asleep about 10 pm. Mommy pulled out the chair bed and is hoping to get some sleep as well.
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment