Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Monday, August 11th, 2008








My highly anticipted GI follow up happened today. Since it was such a late appointment, Daddy went with Mommy and I this time. We had to sit in the waiting room for quite a while but I kept myself entertained flirting with the adults and watching the children. Then it was the big weigh in. Lucille put in a guess - 16 lbs. Mommy was thinking maybe 15 lbs. 8 ozs. But they were both wrong. Naked as a jaybird I came in at ...... 15 lbs. 4 ozs. OK, so that is not a ton of progress but I have grown to 26 1/2 inches and I am a much more active girl these days - it is going to be hard to keep the weight on me. The nutritionist recommended slipping in some calories by adding olive oil to my baby food and letting me munch on cream cheese. Dr Davies wasn't concerned though. On paper I am not even on the charts for weight to age and for weight to height I am only the 5th percentile - but Dr Davies thinks I look like I am at a healthy weight. She is trying to balance getting me to fatten up for surgery without getting me too fat and compromising my airway. So for now, my parents don't need to increase the calories on my formula or the volume. When I come back in a few months for a follow up it will be time to switch me off of "baby" formula and onto toddler formula. My parents asked Dr Davies about her experience with feeding programs and she recommended a doctor that actually travels to the home to do the therapy sessions. She is going to make a referral and then we will see if we can get it covered by one of my three insurance plans.

When we got home tonight I was really tired, but my parents set me on the floor and I was off and scooting. I am getting to be an expert scooter now and am much faster then even a few days ago. With my speaking valve on I can talk and scoot at the same time. Tonight I was "chasing" my brother Chili around trying to get his favorite frog toy. He let me take it a few times but eventually got tired of playing with me and took off to a safe place. My brother Henry is very selfish and won't let me play with his toys at all - but then he won't let Chili play with them either so I don't feel too bad.

I love the magnets on the fridge and as Mommy was filming me scooting to my magnets I had to stop to pass a little gas. Mommy calls this my Tootin' and Scootin' video. Why must parents embarass us so?

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Love your videos sweet girl, you do SO well scootin' around on your butt, you'll have to show Jackson the ropes when he's in town!

    Glad to hear you're still gaining weight, I have a feeling that you'll soon be bypassed by your cousin Jackson, the "chunk".

    Love you!

    Aunt Kristin

    ReplyDelete