Friday, June 27, 2008

Thursday, June 26th, 2008

After an uneventful day it was time again for the nightly routine. It was Mommy's night tonight and she was sure hoping I would be easy on her. I played in my crib for about 15 minutes and then it was 30 minutes of straight crying. Mommy finally broke down and got me out of my crib and started rocking me. It took about 15 minutes for me to fall asleep. Then Daddy brought my brothers out for a potty break. Chili saw something on TV and started barking and I was awake again. Mommy was pretty steamed! Another 15 minutes of rocking and I was asleep again. Mommy tiptoed to my crib to put me in. She breathed a sigh of relief when I stayed asleep. She let me sleep for another 10 minutes of so to make sure I was good and asleep before attaching me back to my trach mist. Unfortunately for her, that was enough to wake me up again. I cried and rolled around for a few more minutes but eventually feel back to sleep.

Mommy was feeling pretty good about things when Marianne arrived a few minutes later. She and Daddy were asleep themselves by 11 but midnight brought a knock on the door. My extension set had sprung a leak - so my clothes and bedding all had to be changed. This didn't happen without me waking up and crying, though. After I was all dry, Mommy left me with Marianne and hoped I would fall asleep for her soon.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment