Friday, June 13, 2008

Thursday, June 12th, 2008





Mommy was very excited about today because it was my first meeting with my new feeding therapist, Karen. I took a good nap this morning after my screws were turned, longer than usual actually. When Mommy came out around 12:15, Lucille was rocking me in the chair because I had been so fussy for over an hour. As soon as Mommy picked me up I started throwing up all over her - 5-6 times in 10 minutes. I was just about to end my feeding anyway, so Mommy turned it off, cleaned me up and sat with me to play for a few minutes. I felt much better afterwards. Since my feeding therapy appointment was in 45 minutes, Mommy called Karen to reschedule for next week.

I went back down for a nap and then later Lucille started me on a reduced feed of Pedialiate for four hours. No more vomiting and my mood seemed to improve. My parents decided not to turn screws tonight since I wasn't feeling well. When Mommy put me to bed, I was like my old self, rolling around playing in my crib with lots of smiles for Mommy. It took me an hour to go to sleep but it was because I was having so much fun. Mommy let Marianne know I would be on 1/2 Pedialite 1/2 formula for the next 24 hours to make sure my tummy was back to normal before introducing full feeds again. Then it was off to sleep for my parents.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment