Monday, June 2, 2008

Sunday, June 1st, 2008









It's the day before the big day. After a great night for Lucille, I was up bright and early and ready to play. Unfortunately, my brother Henry had a terrible night and was in alot of pain. Mommy put him in his bed in the living room, gave him his pills and he slept all morning. Chili went back to bed with Daddy. Mommy and I played this morning while she continued to organize my machines and luggage for the trip. Mommy also took some side-view preop photos so they could do a before and after.
Mid-morning, Daddy took Henry to the vet to drop him off for his "medical" boarding. Basically, he will be stuck in a cage all day long except for potty breaks. That's fine, actually, it is the best thing for him so he can rest until his back heals. He will have the doctor and vet techs close to keep an eye on him so my parents feel a little better about leaving.
Later, Daddy left for a few hours. Mommy told me that when he got back he would have a surprise for me. Sure enough, Daddy walked in with my Papa Smith! He came to be with my parents during my surgery. I got to spend some time playing with him while Mommy went to the store to get snacks for the car ride and some lunch. After lunch and packing the car it was time to leave.
Mommy, me and Chili were in the back seat. Chili sat in his bed until we got to Camp Bow Wow just a few miles away. Papa and Daddy took him in to Camp and then we were on the road to Palo Alto. Unfortunately, I did not get my last nap of the day. I was fussy and fell asleep for about 20 minutes but was awake for most of the trip - and not very happy about it! Mommy tried to keep me entertained as much as possible.
It was about 6 pm when we finally made it to Palo Alto and our hotel. We got settled in our rooms and I checked out the hotel bed. It was nice and soft and fun to roll around on. Daddy and Papa went to go get some dinner while Mommy bathed me and got me ready for bed. I was very tired and not in the mood for bathing in the bathroom sink so Mommy ended up with more water on her then I did!
Daddy and Papa got back just as Mommy put me in the bassinet to sleep. Although my parents had bought it before I was born, this was my first official time sleeping in it. It doesn't allow much room to roll around. After about 20 minutes though I was off to dreamland. My parents definately need a good night's sleep tonight!
Peyton Nicole Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment