Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday, June 15th, 2008

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers!

Mommy and I tried to give Daddy a (relatively) stress free day. Since I still needed to have the screws turned, Mommy woke Daddy up at 7 am. But, they turned my screws in bed so Daddy didn't even have to get up. Then Mommy let him go back to sleep and he woke up for good about 9:30. Mommy made him some breakfast and since I was down for a nap she took the opportunity to get the lawn mowed. After she was done and showered, she came back to take car eof me while Daddy went to the range to shoot for a little while. He brought home some lunch and then Mommy sent him off to have a nap. A few hours later, she had to wake him up though since it was already 5:30 and she still needed to run and get me diapers.

Mommy dropped the camera off at Best Buy while she was out and the Geek Squad told her it would be 2-4 weeks before it was fixed since they have to send it out. Bummer!!! By the time my parents get the camera back, I will look a lot different. Hopefully by then the swelling will have gone down.

As my parents started to turn my screws this evening, they only made it two turns on each side and it seemed to offer some resistance, so they are hoping that means they have come to the end. I also didn't really cry so my parents think maybe it can't move out any farther so it wasn't as painful as when it actually was moving.

Mommy let Daddy open the Father's Day presents before my surgery. Henry and Chili got him a marshmallow air gun, I got him a remote controlled fork lift to bring to the office, and Mommy got him a valet to hold all his electronics for the nightstand. My Grandma and Grandpa Mower got Daddy a kit to make a stepping stone with an impression. Daddy can't decide between my hands or feet but it will be a fun project when I am feeling better.

On Friday, my parents got the first printed copy of the blog. It had the entries from before I was born through then end of 2007. It is called Peyton's Place - The First Edition. This weekend Mommy sent off Peyton's Place - The Second Edition which runs from 1/1/08-5/31/08, right before my jaw surgery. Thanks Kelly for giving Mommy the info about Blurb. The book turned out great and my parents are excited to get the next one sometime this week. Mommy plans on printing a book about every six months or so. For those of you who leave comments on my blog, Mommy copies those into the book as well so I can read them when I am older.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like the book idea and results as much as I do. I have not "slurped" in the comments before, but I like that idea.

    Can't wait to see some pictures of your progress, but I guess we will have to wait.

    Take care! Happy fathers day to your daddy!

    ReplyDelete