Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday, April 12th, 2008

It's been a rough 24 hours for my parents and I. My mommy was my night nurse. Because I tossed and turned most of the night she didn't really get to sleep. I woke up around 3 am and started playing in my crib. All of a sudden at 3:30 I started vomiting off and on for about a half hour. Mommy decided to turn off my feeding. She called the pediatrician nurse advice line for some help, but since I have a GI monitoring my feedings they told her they couldn't help - she would need to call the GI. So Mommy called the GI's after hours line and a few minutes later the GI called her back. Dr Davies didn't sound very happy for the early page but Mommy apologized and explained the situation. She told Mommy to move me down to 24 calories for all of my feedings and if I continued having issues or got worse to go to the ER. Mommy rocked me to sleep for about a half hour but I was very restless. At 6:30, Daddy came to relieve Mommy so she could get some sleep. He started my feeding at 8 am as usual and I slept and played most of the morning. I was off my feeding from 12 to 2, and then Mommy started my 2 pm feeding. About 2:30 Daddy went to take a nap so Mommy and I played. At 3:30 I started vomiting and then again around 5:15. At this point Mommy wasn't sure what to think. My day feedings had already been switched back to 24 calories so why the continued problems? My parents are going to give me a few days of all of my feedings at 24 calories to see what happens. If things aren't getting better they are probably going to put me back on the other formula. Despite all the throwing up - in between episodes I was generally pretty happy and wanting to play. Tonight is Lucille's night so Mommy is hoping real hard that I sleep all night and my vomiting episodes are a thing of the past.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment