Saturday, April 12, 2008

Friday, April 11th, 2008

The morning and afternoon actually went pretty well. I had a visit from Kirsten, my hard of hearing teacher. I slept right through it though. Actually, I slept an awful lot today. So Mommy and Kirsten talked about a realistic plan to learning new signs. Since my parents had already bought some flashcards with pictures, they are going to post 5 new signs a week near my crib. That way my parents can learn them at the same time the nurses are. So Mommy chose - Sleep, Eat, Nurse, Milk and Bed as our signs of the week. My parents actually know quite a few more but these seemed to be good ones to start with. Then, my Mommy will post new ones each week so everyone's sign "vocabulary" will get bigger. The trick isn't just knowing the sign, it is actually using it while talking to me. I really like sign language. I laugh when Mommy points to me and shows me the sign for the letter "P" and then points to her and does the sign for "Mommy" - at the same time she says "You - P, me - Mommy". She gets a little sophisticated sometimes, like today she signed, "P play ball". I don't know what all the signs mean right now but Kirsten told Mommy babies start using signs about the same time they start saying words - so we shouldn't expect much from me right now - I'll just take it all in.

Around 5:30, as Lucille was getting ready to leave, I woke up from my nap. Almost immeadiately I started vomiting/spitting up - just like I used to do before I got moved to continuous feedings. The strange thing was, my feeding was still going, so Mommy turned it off. It happened a few more times over the next 15 minutes or so and then I got in a better mood and was ready to play. There have been a lot of changes to my feeding routine over the last few weeks - I got bumped up to 27 calories, changed to a new formula, and started getting probiotics every day. Mommy hopes this isn't a sign of more problems with spitting up in my future.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment