Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday, October 20th, 2009

Because of some afternoon appointments, Mommy suggested to Lucille that I take an early nap today. Lucille was sure I was going to fight it - but at 11:30 I went down for my nap and was asleep within minutes. Not only did I fall asleep easily but I stayed asleep for 3 hours (usually I only sleep for two). Now Lucille is wondering if napping earlier in the day is the way to go!

At 2:30 the RN who monitors my case at SCOE came out for my annual visit. As you can imagine, a lot has happened in the last year so Mommy was kept busy answering questions. Good thing Karen, my occupational therapist showed up at 3 pm for our appointment. While she worked with me, Mommy worked with Pat to get her all the information she needed for her report.

Daddy had another late night, so Mommy tried to find some ways to keep me entertained (some days are easier than others). Tonight we spent some time looking at the Signing Times website and watching the Signing Stars (a new kid each month showing off their signing ability). When Mommy tried to record me demonstrating my knowledge of 200+ signs I was more interested in saying the words then signing them so I guess I won't be a Signing Star anytime soon!

Peyton Nicole Smith

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Peyton,
    Even if you are not yet a signing
    times star(and you soon will be)you are most definately a star in all of your family and friends eyes!
    Your little Cousin Jackson is feeling under the weather with a cold and flu bug.When you have a chance be sure and wish him a speedy recovery.It would mean alot coming from his big cousin!
    Have another great day today.We miss you!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Way to go Peyton, whether you sign or say them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 200 + signs! You are a signing times star!!!

    Love your cute brown outfit!

    ReplyDelete