Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday, October 11th, 2009





Happy Birthday Daddy! Our regular night nurse took the last two nights off and although we got a replacement for Friday night, last night Daddy was my night nurse instead. Mommy sent him off to bed at 5 this morning and she figured she might have an hour for a cup of coffee before I was raring to go this morning - a few minutes later though I was awake and signing that I wanted to go to the swings.
Daddy got a few good hours of sleep and then he was off to mow the lawn (not very birthdaylike I know, but he insisted). Once my parents each got ready for the day off we went to the park. It was a little windy and chilly but bright and sunny and I had a great time. I was in no mood to leave, though but we had to get home so we could have lunch with Uncle Jeff. He brought a few pizzas and Mommy supplied the ice cream cake and we had a small celebration in honor of Daddy's big day.
In the evening, Daddy got to work on cutting a pumpkin for Halloween. Rather then go for the easy pattern, he went straight for the hardest one in the book. I was very uninterested in the process - it was long and I wasn't a fan of the pumpkin goo. Instead I watched the Halloween episode of Yo Gabba Gabba and eventually, Daddy turned out the lights and turned on the pumpkin and I didn't like it at all! After turning the lights on and seeing Mommy give the pumpkin a kiss I at least got close enough for a few pictures - but I still don't like it very much.
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. What a great pumpkin!

    SO much more creative than my Tigger and Pooh for Jackson!

    Love your new cute PJ's.

    ReplyDelete