Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saturday, October 17th, 2009













It's official - I had my first trip to the zoo today! It was going to be such a beautiful fall day that my parents decided it would be the perfect day to check out the zoo. We got an early start to avoid the crowds and hopefully catch the animals before their mid-day naps. I loved looking at the animals - kangaroos, giraffes, monkeys, birds, zebras, and the list goes on and on. I thought the apes were great. They were chasing each other around the exhibit and then one jumped out of a tree and onto a rope swing right in front of the window I was standing at. As he went swinging by the window and started signing "swing"! I got to practice all the animals signs I know and my parents were pretty impressed with all the ones I remembered.
After leaving the reptile house I started running down the path and tripped and fell. Not only did I have a bump on my head by road rash as well! I wasn't concerned about that, though, I wanted to keep checking out the animals. As the zoo train kept passing us by I eventually had enough of looking at animals and wanted to get on the train instead. Mommy had already bought some tickets so she took the train ride with me and once we got back - Daddy took me on the carousel. He let me pick out which animal I wanted to ride and I ended up on the tiger (we had just come from the tiger exhibit). I didn't want to get off the carousel but Mommy had saved the best for last - a trip to the gift shop to pick out anything I wanted. It was a huge place and after much looking I picked out some plastic animal figurines.
It was a great day at the zoo and my parents promised me I can go back again really soon!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a great day at the zoo sweet girl! Minus the road rash, which didn't seem to slow you down.

    We were going to head to the zoo this weekend also, but little man wasn't up to it. Wish we could go together someday!

    ReplyDelete