Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday, October 4th, 2009


To prepare for Halloween, Mommy and I practiced trick-or-treating several times today. I would take my Elmo basket and Mommy would get some candy and we would head to the front door. I would knock and do my best to say "trick-or-treat" and Mommy would put some candy in my basket. It sure seemed like a lot of fun to me and I like signing "candy". My parents have a plan, though. They are going to start the tradition that if I hand over the candy I get to choose a toy instead. No, this is not because they want to eat all my candy (okay maybe they will eat a little) but to encourage good dental health. Despite enjoying trick-or-treating I refused to try on either my costume or the shoes that go with it. Good thing there are a few weeks left to get me used to the idea that I am going to be a lady bug!
In the afternoon, the mild fall weather continued and we were able to get to the park so I could swing and slide. Daddy let me ride on his shoulders all the way home and I loved checking out all the houses with their Halloween decorations - "pumpkin" is my new favorite sign.

Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Peyton,
    It is great to see pictures of you playing at the park again!I wish we could have seen pictures of you on daddy's shoulders coming home from the playground.You must have thought you were on top of the world when you were looking down!
    You will be a great ladybug this Hollaween.We can hardly wait to see
    you in your costume.You will be able to wear your black shoes afterwards to tap dance in(ask mommy or daddy to put taps on them for you).
    Have a fun day today playing hard and taking good naps.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy to hear you are preparing for Halloween, I can't WAIT to go trick-or-treating with you and Jackson!

    You are going to be such a cute ladybug, hope your mommy was able to find some cute hair things to match your costume! Maybe you can help Jackson appreciate the toy over the treat, he really likes the treats, like his mommy...

    ReplyDelete