Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday, October 31st, 2009







After months of waiting it was finally time for my first Me & My Shadow dance class. It is for 2 & 3 year old girls and boys and a parent to start learning about dancing. Since it was my first day both Mommy and Daddy went with me. There were about 10 other kids in class. We sat around in a circle and first we worked on stretching. Then we got to get up and move. We started with marching and then moved on to skipping and jumping. We also got to play with scarves and rhythm sticks while walking around in our circle. Now I am on the young end of the 2 year old's and most kids were on the older end of the 3's. I was much happier dancing in the middle of the circle then I was dancing in line and Mommy figures that has something to do with being younger then most of the other kids. It went by really fast for me but Mommy said it was one of the longest 1/2 hours of her life trying to keep me in line and out of everyone's way.
On the way home, we stopped at Kohl's to get me a Christmas dress so I can get pictures with the boys for our Christmas cards. Then I got a few minutes swinging at the park before it was home for my nap. Uncle Jeff had planned to come by to see me trick or treat but he wasn't feeling well. When it started to get dark tonight my parents asked if I was ready to put on my costume and I was raring to go! It only took a few minutes to get me dressed and then we were off. The first few houses were great, I got some candy and was feeling pretty good about trick or treating. But then we came to a house with a witch on the door and when I got close to it, it started screeching and after that trick or treating just wasn't the same. From then on, Mommy would have to carry me to the door and do the knocking and although I was happy to get the candy, I didn't really want to keep going. We went to about 10 houses and of all the items in my Elmo basket the best was the plastic spider ring I got at the last house. Walking home, though, I lost it in a flower bed so while Mommy got me home and undressed, Daddy went back with a flashlight to find it. Thanks Daddy! I didn't even get all the way undressed before I started digging in the basket for my suckers. I ended up with several open at the same time but kept signing "more candy". While I was eating my suckers, my parents traded out the rest of the candy for a few small toys. I kind of like this Halloween thing - I may want to go again next year too!
Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. SO happy to see that loved your dance class, I knew you would!
    I bet by the end of the course you will do a great job staying in line and following the teachers and mommy's instructions.

    Also happy to see that you decided to wear your cute ladybug costume and trick-or-treat after all! Although I am a bit worried about your favorite treat being a yucky spider...

    Sorry to hear that uncle Jeff was sick and missed trick-or-treating with you! I know he would have loved seeing you in your cute costume! Jackson saw a witch on Friday and wasn't so sure about it either, but once he realized the witch had candy, he was just fine with her! Jackson is also a big fan of suckers, I let him nibble on one for a few minutes, until it ended up all over his costume. Good thing he won't need to wear it again next year. At this rate, I think he will be a Tigger or Pooh next year, but we will wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Ladybug,
    What an exciting Halloween day you had! Your very first mommy and me class together with alot of other kids around your same age.You must have had a great time
    and you get to go back again next week for even more fun.
    To top it off,you were ready and waiting to get your costume on and head out the door for trick or treating last night.We are so glad you had a good time and it sounds as though your black spider ring was a big hit!You were absolutely adoreable Peyton,but the proud looks on mommy and daddy's faces was priceless.We can't wait to see whats in store for you next year.
    Your Cousin Jackson was a cuter baby elephant than the real one at the zoo,and your Cousin Traiton stole the show everywhere he went
    with the most incredable Elmo costume.You would have absolutely loved it.You'll need to check it out when your here for the holidays.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete