Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday, October 25th, 2009






























My parents have been promising me all week that we would make it to the pumpkin patch this weekend and just when I had about given up hope we were going - we picked up Uncle Jeff and took a short drive to West Sacramento to Dave's pumpkin patch. I know how much Uncle Jeff must care about me because his favorite team the Miama Dolphins were playing and he missed the game to spend it with us.
It was a beautiful fall day a little on the windy side and the pumpkin patch was busy. Mommy had promised there would be lots of activities and she wasn't kidding. We started off by watching the pig races. OK, so the pigs didn't do much racing it was more a slow trot but it was still fun to watch them. We also went on a hay ride together and spent quite a bit of time looking through all the pumpkins to find the perfect one to take home. But the best part of the day was when I got to ride on a pony for the very first time! I wasn't so happy about having to wait in line but when my time came I didn't fuss a bit when Daddy put me up on the pony. Daddy led the pony around the place while Mommy stood by me to make sure I stayed put and Uncle Jeff walked backwards to take the video (and provide his own unique commentary). After my time around the track the owner of the pony told my parents to take me around again since I was having such a good time. Back around the track we went and although the owner offered to let me lead the pony (yes, me lead the pony around on his halter like my doggies on a leash) a third time around my parents figured it was getting time to go. I was a very good girl and Daddy promised to get me a pony some day. (It's in writing Daddy, can't go back on it now!) Such a great day and I have a feeling this will be a tradition for years to come.
P.S. Although I have been very adament that I will not wear my lady bug costume for Halloween my parents were able to get me in it (hat and all) for a little while tonight before bedtime. Pictures to come soon!

Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. Hi little cowgirl,
    What a fun day you guys were having.We're so happy weather permitted so you were able to get to the pumpkin patch just in enough time before Halloween to still have an assortment of pumpkins on hand.You looked like you picked some really great ones for daddy to carve!
    We loved the video of you riding a pony for the first time,and what a little cowgirl at heart you are.
    I loved the running commentary with mommy,daddy, and Uncle Jeff.Because he was such a good sport we especially hope the Miami Dolphins won yesterday.But in our heart of hearts Peyton,we know their is really no contest between a first time pony ride between a sweet little cowgirl and any football game on any day of the week!
    It's great news(as your Cousin Traiton would say)that mommy and daddy were able to get you into your Halloween costume.If all else fails on Saturday they could have a spare cowgirl costume on hand just in case.I think mommy and daddy should start saving now for your riding lessons,cowgirl apparel,and pony!
    Have a wonderful day today sweetheart.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is the biggest pumpkin ever! One you don't want to pay by the pound for. Uncle Jeff is a crack up! Looks like you all had fun. Way to go Peyton on your first pony ride!

    ReplyDelete