Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday, October 5th, 2009



Last night Mommy let me wear one of my two new pajama sets. First thing when I got up this morning I went looking for the other set and wanted to put them on. I started crying when Mommy started to undress me so Mommy told me I could wear the other pajama top today - and she has to admit I looked pretty cute in it!
It was a pretty busy day today. It started this morning with a visit from Karen, my occupational therapist. We spent some time playing with play-doh and dipping sponges in colored water to make pretty pictures. I only had one small melt down but quickly recovered and got right back to playing.
In the afternoon Kiersten, my hard of hearing teacher, came by for a visit too. I was all talk today and would sign a word as well as say it. Kiersten was very impressed with my progress since I have been virtually silent with her in the past. Towards the end of the appointment I kept signing something to Mommy but she didn't understand what I was trying to say, so finally I yelled out "play doh" clearly enough that she understood what I was saying. Mommy was a little shocked that it was one of the first times she can remember that my vocal speaking was the way she understood me vs. an ASL sign. Later in the day, I was standing on the grass outside barefoot and said "cold" very clearly without signing it and she knew what I was saying then. Both my parents are very excited to hear all of my talking. Although it is difficult to understand, my parents have the added benefit that I can sign the word as well so they have a few ways to try to understand what I am telling them.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetheart,
    I love your p.j.top(it's no wonder you want to wear them all day)!They are so cute and warm also.
    Your Granpa and I think it is amazing how many words you are starting to say,but we are not at all surprised by it.We're so impressed with how many words you can also sign,and how cute you are doing it!
    We're very disappointed we won't be seeing you at Halloween,but we'll look that much forward to seeing you at Christmas.We can't think of any better present!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete