Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday, July 8th, 2008


In prep for my CT scan today at UC Davis I got to wear my tie-dye outfit that The Hardmans got me. Isn't it cute?

Since I need a little anesthesia to get my CT scan, after 4:30 I couldn't have any more formula and after 8:30 I couldn't have any more clear liquids. My appointment was for 11:30 but they wanted me there by 10:30. In the morning, they called and asked Mommy to come in by 10:00 so they could get started a little earlier.

Despite getting to UC Davis by 9:45, my Mommy and Lucille sat in the waiting room for over an hour. Around 10:30, Mommy got a big shock when Daddy showed up! He hadn't planned on being able to come but he left for a long lunch break to be with me and Mommy. Shortly after that, the fire alarms went off for about 15 minutes. Around 11:00, a nurse finally came to get us. Good thing, I was ready for a little nap. They took my weight and temperature and asked my parents a few questions. Then my pediatric anesthesiologist came to take us all down to the CT room. Mommy laid me down on the CT table and hooked the tubing directly to my trach. In less than a minute, I was fast asleep.

When I woke up about 20 minutes later, Mommy was on one side of me and Daddy was on the other. It was kind of like a tennis match, I would look from one to the other and back again. After doing this a few times, I started crying and the nurse told Mommy she could pick me up. The nurse brought me a teddy bear to comfort me, but she commented that I was awfully calm and quiet for just waking up from anesthesia. She told Mommy that most kids are crazy and wild. Mommy was very impressed that I was such a good girl. Daddy went to find out when we could get a copy of the CT scan to take down to Stanford. By the time he got back, the doctor signed off that I was ready to go home.

I had to be reintroduced to food slowly but I spent the rest of the day playing quietly in my crib or rolling around the house in my walker. After 3 CT scans I am pretty much a pro!

Peyton Nicole Smith

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet little tiedye outfit !

    Glad to hear you were such a big girl for your CT , your mommy and daddy must be so proud of you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Peyton,
    Mommy says you were a wonderful
    patient at the hospital yesterday
    when you had your CTscan and the
    nurse commented on it.That doesn't
    surprise any of your family and friends at all!We've all collectively been in awe of you for the last 10 months.Congratulations on getting
    your other Baha. Mommy and daddy
    better be careful of what they say
    around you now!
    You look so cute in all your walkers, and we think it's great
    that you have more time that way to scope out the world.Have a good
    day today honey.
    We love and miss you,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a pro! I will tell Nia that too, so that when she has a little anesthesia on Friday she can do just like you!

    ReplyDelete