Sunday, March 2, 2008

Saturday, March 1st, 2008




The pictures say it all! It was kind of a rough day for me. When I woke up this morning I started coughing up green stuff out of my trach. Scary!!! I wasn't running a fever but I spent all day coughing. I even took a three hour nap which isn't like me at all, probably because I didn't sleep well last night. Mommy called the pediatrician on call and the doctor said to keep a close eye on me. My oxygen sats were lower then normal (between 94-95) and the pediatrician was worried I might have pneumonia. She said if my sats dropped any lower my parents should probably take me to the ER. Mommy was worried, she definately didn't want to go back to the ER after our last experience there. So my parents kept me on my trach mist pretty much all day. Since it keeps me tethered not far from the machine and I was coughing so much I just didn't get to play as much as I normally do and I was getting grumpy. Thank goodness it was Lucille's night with me tonight, Mommy knows she takes good care of me. Mommy was finally able to get me to sleep right before Lucille showed up so she asked Lucille not to wake me up for diaper changes or anything unless absolutely necessary so I could get as much sleep as possible.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment