Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Monday, March 10th, 2008


Last night it was my Daddy's nursing night with me. I woke up for about an hour wanting to play but Daddy said I needed to sleep instead so I eventually gave up and went back to bed. Today my parents and Lucille took me back to the pediatric surgeon. It was the day my parents were going to learn how to change my Mic-KEY button. First I had to get my weight checked. I had just woken up so they left me in my clothes and came in at 13 lbs. 3 ozs. Then, we waited in the room for awhile until they were ready. The nurse had Mommy get all the water out of the balloon first and then get a syringe ready with water to fill the balloon in the new button. Then, Mommy took a deep breath, pulled out my button, put the new one in and filled the balloon with water. It was that easy! I didn't even cry or anything.
Before we left to head home, Mommy started my portable pump so I could eat on the way home. You haven't seen my cute new backpack that it goes in yet but Mommy will take a picture soon. It is teeny-tiny, just like me!
When Daddy was putting my carseat into the car today he twisted his back and was in a lot of pain on the way home. Mommy sent him to bed early and we went to visit him there for a little while. Then Mommy started my bath and trach and g-tube care. It wasn't as much fun as when Daddy is there to help but she did a pretty good job. Then I played around in my crib for about an hour before I fell asleep. When I did finally go to sleep I was sideways in my crib with my feet hanging out. Mommy thought it was awfully cute so she took a picture to show you.
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment