Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Monday, March 3rd, 2008





I had a little better night last night but the coughing still hasn't gone away. The worst is the first hour after I wake up from sleeping then it seems to taper off a little. Mommy decided to keep me on the trach mist until my doctor's appointment later in the day.

Mid-morning, Mommy went to Chartwell, the DME company, and picked up my new portable feeding pump and got instructions on how to use it. You can see a close up picture above and then a picture of it compared to the current Kangaroo pump I have been using. My new Infinity pump can go anywhere with me. It is small, lightweight, and can be in an position and it will still run - no more IV pole needed unless we want to use it! It also came with a little backpack to put the pump and the feeding bag in when I am on the go. Mommy was very excited. Now she gets to teach Mimi and Lucille how to use it, too. It will take a little getting used to but it will be so much better, espescially when I am coming to Salt Lake next week.

When Mommy got home she had a message from Shriner's saying that my doctor's appointment that afternoon was cancelled. They were going to take pictures of my hand and then decide when to do surgery. Now, the appointment is rescheduled for the last day of March. Since I have two other doctor's appointments this week, Mommy wasn't too sad it was cancelled.

My pediatrician, Dr Scott found out that Mommy had called this weekend about my cough so she called to check on me. Since the cough isn't gone yet, Dr Scott called in some antibiotics to the pharmacy for me. It only took about 8 hours to get it filled, but Mommy was able to give me one dose after I fell asleep tonight and hopefully I will be on my way to feeling better soon!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment