Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday, May 20th, 2008

The count down to my surgery has begun - just two weeks to go! Everyone is getting excited - family, friends, nurses, therapists and teachers. Today was Terry's last visit with me until after my surgery. Since it is summer break I won't probably see her again until late June. She brought me lots of fun toys to tide me over until she comes back. There was a big piano, a vibrating elephant to chew on, little plastic Elmo dolls and red hair rollers. She has lots of great ideas of how to play with me to teach me all the things I need to know. For example, one developmental milestone is imitation. Terry would bang something on my tray then Mommy would bang something on the tray and then it was my turn. I watched and listened really carefully and when Mommy and Terry would stop banging then it was my turn to bang whatever I was holding at the time. It was a lot of fun! I am very good at what they call "turn taking". I am also becoming a very polite little girl. Most of the time when Mommy asks if she can have whatever I am holding I will give it to her so she can play with it too. If it is a brand new toy and I haven't had a lot of time to play with it I don't always share - but most of the time. I am going to try to learn lots of new tricks between now and Terry's next visit so I can show her what a big girl I am!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment