Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tuesday, May 13th, 2008



I had a repeat performance of my grumpy reaction to Michael - but today it was with Karen my occupational therapist. I was unwilling to play with her at all to work on my shoulder and upper arm strength. Finally, we came up with a process of me sitting on my Mommy's lap and Karen holding a tray in front of me. Then, she found a cute little green frog that lit up for me to play with and she would set it on the tray so I would reach for it. This forced me (a little) to put some weight on my forearms as I reached for the frog. The only problem is as soon as I would get it, my Mommy or Karen would take it away and put it back on the tray for me to practice reaching again. That started to get me pretty frustrated!

Later in the evening while we were waiting for Daddy to get home, Mommy put on my Passy Muir speaking valve for the first time in a really long time. She was surprised at how much noise I started making. She left it on for over an hour and I was having a great time "talking". Mommy would put me in front of the mirror so I could "talk" to myself.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear your voice when you start talking, and can't wait for your parents to hear a full on cry!

    Only a few more weeks to go until surgery, and you're getting bigger and stronger every day! Can't wait for you to have the first surgery over with, and look forward to your first birthday, when we can hopefully all be together and you can meet your cousin Jackson for the first time!

    Love you!

    Aunt Kristin

    ReplyDelete