Friday, May 30, 2008

Thursday, May 29th, 2008





So the pouring has continued!

Ronald McDonald called back and said there is no room at the inn for us - so my parents will be staying in a hotel while I am having surgery. Bummer : (

In the afternoon, I was still on my feeding. So as Mommy usually does, she carries me and rolls the IV pole around with us as she gets some things done around the house. As she was putting my clothes away in the dresser, my extension set caught on the drawer and tugged it a little. When Mommy looked down the extension set had come undone from my button. No big deal. Then Mommy noticed something else - my button had popped out!!!! Since Mommy was all alone she didn't have any choice but to do it herself. Apparently, the pressure was enough to pull the button out with the balloon still full of water. Mommy isn't even sure how it was able to pull through since the balloon is bigger than the stoma site. I didn't cry or anything, though. Mommy put me in my crib and drained the balloon, put the balloon back inside of me and then filled it back up with water. It was a quick fix and I only whimpered a little because I didn't feel like being in my crib. Mommy was pretty shaky afterwards and called my Daddy to let him know what happened. Good thing Mommy was the one who put my button in last time at the dr's office so she had some practice.

On a happy note, though, Henry was finally able to come home today. He seemed happy to be home and Chili was ecstatic for his return. Henry is on strict bed rest though, so no playing, running or jumping. My parents will have to keep an eye on the two of them so they don't roughhouse at all.

While Daddy was at the vet breaking Henry out, Mommy spent some time playing with Chili and I. As you can, I am taking quite an interest in the TV as of late. Mommy can't figure out why I pay attention sometimes and not others but she thinks it has something to do with the color of the screen not necessarily the sound.

Later, she let me spend some time "airing out" on the blanket. I peed a little a few times but I had a great time being naked. The only problem is, I like to explore my button since it's the only time I ever get to play with it.

My night nurse wasn't able to work tonight so Mommy got to be my night nurse tonight. She's hoping I sleep all night so she can get some sleep since she has to work tomorrow!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Peyton,
    I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to wish you luck and as little pain as possible during your upcoming surgery on Monday. I just finished looking through your pics (I've been so busy lately, that I've gotten behind), and I cannot believe how big you have gotten. You're so pretty. I didn't even know you had a tooth come in.
    Anyway, we are all at work, waiting to hear the news of your Aunt Kristin officially becoming a mommy. Everytime the phone rings I think we all hold our breath. Tracy, I hope all goes smooth for your family on Monday, and our thoughts are definitely with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete