Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wednesday, September 17th, 2008


I am a very busy girl. You can see in the photos above my newest trick. Throwing my toys on the floor over the side of my walker is so old school. I have moved on to cramming them down the leg holes in my walker - much more challenging! Before Mommy knows it all of my toys that will fit have made it to the floor and I am ready to start over.

Mommy called Ronald McDonald House today and found out that they don't have any available rooms for next week. The staff helped my parents find a close hotel that they can stay at instead. Mommy is disappointed that they weren't able to stay this time either.

Karen, my feeding therapist came by for a visit this afternoon. Based on some experiences I have had with eating over the last month we're going to take things slowly for now until I can get in for my swallow study.

My parents were very impressed this evening to see how quickly I am learning to balance standing up. I spent about an hour standing up from sitting on Mommy's leg (no hands guys - just standing up without anything to hold on to). Afer a few seconds of balancing I would then reach for the side of my exersaucer to grab a toy. My parents continued to move the exersaucer just a tiny bit farther away until I got to the point that I had to take a small step to get up close the exersaucer while holding on to the side. It's definately progress from just a few days ago. After all the exercise I went down very easily tonight.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment