Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Monday, September 15th - Tuesday, September 16th, 2008

It's been a busy few days for my parents at work but life has been pretty quiet for me. Monday, the Miralax that Mommy had given me finally kicked in - big time!!! After a few category 5 messy diapers I had the worst case of diaper rash Mommy has ever seen. I would cry ever time she would lay me down to change my diaper. To ease the diaper changes during the night with Marianne, Mommy gave me some Tylenol to help ease the sting and I slept great.

This morning the rash was looking a lot better so my spirits had improved from the night before. Good thing because I had visitors today. Terry and Kirsten came by for the first visit since I had my hand surgery. I showed them that despite my big ole cast I am doing just fine. I showed them how I could sign "doggy" and clap and how I am able to pull up and practice standing. I think they must have been very impressed because they clapped for me a lot today! Mommy had a few signs that she wanted to learn - fruit, toy, dance, go, funny and cookie. a few other signs that might come in handy now are hit, soft and nice. As in "Peyton - no hit!", "Peyton be soft" or "Peyton be nice"! I am really a very good girl most of the time but every now and again I like to test my strength - and I am pretty strong - just ask my parents after I have smacked them in the face a few times!

There are a few more outstanding items before we leave for Stanford on Sunday morning. Mommy is supposed to hear from Ronald McDonald House tomorrow if there will be room for us to stay there this time. Mommy should also get a call on Friday letting us know what time my surgery is scheduled for on Monday. Another day another surgery - that's my motto!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Peyton,
    What a nice picture of you and mommy on your blog yesterday.Again,
    it's pretty hard for any of us to believe that you are anything but
    sweetness and light 24/7(sounds like a vicious rumor to us)!I think
    the source is the one holding you in the picture so you may need to talk to her about that!
    We're all wishing for everything to go well for you on this next surgery, and are sending along our love for all the Smith family.
    Our love,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete