Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday, September 25th, 2008



If you have ever owned a doxie, you know they like to be warm. My brother, Henry, is no exception. Whenever he sees clothes warm from the dryer, he attempts to bury himself. This afternoon, he saw a pile sitting in a clothes basket and decided it was worth the jump!

After my surgery back in June and the excitement of an enema, Mommy has now gotten in the habit of giving me Miralax when more than a few days have passed without a diaper. Mommy warned Lucille this morning that I had been given a dose last night with my feeding so be prepared for fireworks. Mommy happened to walk out mid-morning just as Lucille was cleaning up the "fireworks". In the midst of playing on the floor this morning I needed to go - and go I did! Let's just say that Mommy and Lucille spent the afternoon cleaning rugs, clothes, backpacks - pretty much anything that was within 10 feet of me. Needless to say, I was feeling lots better after that!

As the swelling in my cheeks start to subside, the bruises are looking worse. Mommy is almost glad I don't have the appointment tomorrow at Shriner's - she can't imagine what people would think when they saw me coming with my big ole cast and huge bruises on my face!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment