Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday, December 3rd, 2007




Today was the first of three doctor's appointments this week. It was to check on my g tube since I had all the granulation tissue last time. They weighed me with my clothes on and I came in at 10 lbs 4 ozs. Now Friday with my clothes off I was 9 lbs 4 ozs - so either I gained a lot of weight over the weekend or my clothes are really heavy!

My appt was for 1:30 but the dr's didn't even come in to see my until 2:30. Then, I had several people check me out (everything looks good by the way) and didn't get out of there until 3 pm. Then, because of road construction around UC Davis it took 45 minutes for my Mommy to go five blocks. I was crying by then, and finally cried myself to sleep long before we hit the freeway. By the time we got home, I had long since missed my 2 pm feeding.

The dr did say I could start taking a bath so tonight Mommy and Daddy tried it for the first time. I wasn't really submerged but Daddy did spray me with the hand held sprayer in my baby tub. I was having a great time naked as a jaybird. In fact, when taking pictures Mommy had a hard time keeping my privates private since I had one leg up around my head in all the pictures!


Mommy also tried me out in my sling for the first time. I don't really like to sit in the chair anymore and rock. I am much happier when Mommy holds me and walks around the house so she decided it might be a good time to try out the sling.
The suction machine lid cracked again last night. Luckily Mommy and Daddy had a spare but that means they don't have a backup one for the rest of the month. Mommy decided she had enough worrying about having backups that she is going to go online tomorrow and buy some on her own and not try and fight the DME company to keep her stocked.

Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. Peyton I think you have two gorgeous dimples, not just one. The bigger you get the more I see them. You are addorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis,

    Great pic of you and Peyton in her carrier! Glad that you're able to move her around a bit, and get a few things done while also paying attention to Peyton. I'm sure she loves the change of venue! Still waiting for bath pics, I'm sure she'll LOVE the bath!

    Can't wait to see you!

    Sis

    ReplyDelete